No signal to monitor after assemblying the computer

Danielleq

Hey i bought those parts..

Asus TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
EVGA 600 BR, 80+ BRONZE 600W
Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G26C16U4W 2666MHz, DDR4, DRAM, 16 GB (8 GB x2), CL16

..for my pc, but i have no signal to monitor from the computer, i tried different monitors and cables, i tried run pc without ram, i updated bios for processor, took out the battery from motherboard, everything is connected and working properly, i don't have a speaker (i will have tommorow), any idea what can be the problem?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a power cord from power supply going to video card? How are you connecting to monitor?

That cpu requires bios version 2409 to be installed. Do you know what version of bios is currently installed?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check the monitor settings to see if you need to set proper input signal before anything is displayed on monitor. I edited my other post, what bios revision is installed? Did you properly install the standoffs between motherboard and case?

Danielleq

Monitor isn't the problem, standoffs i don;t think i could do it in different way, i bought good computer case, i just had use few screws.
how do i check it without powering up the pc?

Danielleq

Ok, bios version 2409 as you said was required, i thought to install the newest one 3202, working now, thank you very much

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the motherboard is shorting out to the case then it most likely won't post to monitor. You should remove the motherboard from the case to verify its not shorting out against the case. That motherboard requires 9 standoffs(or raised spots on the case) and only 9 standoffs. If there is one attached somewhere that shouldn't be its most likely grounding out against the case. Not much more to tell you. If you can't figure it out, you'll have to take it in to a repair shop and have them diagnose the issue.

beers

Staff member
Not much more to tell you. If you can't figure it out, you'll have to take it in to a repair shop and have them diagnose the issue.
Bruh sounds like he sorted it out with the flash feature of that board.

I typically enjoy that AM4 had some longevity but they didn't seem to plan very well with dependencies. Anything 'Ryzen won't POST!' with older/newer combos like B450 and a 5k series are hugely probable for just BIOS/UEFI version.