No sound device?

reach

First I have a Gateway 400VTX Laptop, Win xp 32 bit.
In device manager it says; The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28), under multimedia audio controller. When I try to install a new audio device it always restarts my laptop and installs Realtek AC'97 or it says the file i'm installing is not compatible. I just can't seam to get my sound back. My sound device was uninstalled from when I installed Realtek AC'97, I chose express setup and it expressly uninstalled my SigmaTek audio device with out warning.

1. I need help finding the right audio file to download.
2. I need to be able to install it, instead of my pc trying to install Realtek AC'97.

Please if you know how to fix, help.

Okedokey

Download PC Wizard from my sig. Install it and go to FILE< SAVE AS and save that text file to your desktop. Copy the contents out of that file into this thread. That will tell us what we need to know.

reach

PC Wizard 2012 Release Notes
Copyright © 1996-2012 Laurent KUTIL & Franck DELATTRE

2012/08/22
- SAT disk controller support
- SUNPLUS disk controller support

2012/08/25
- .NET Framework 4.5 detection support

(I Guess this is the file, right?)

reach

download - check
install - check

Little problem, when I open PC Wizard 2013 it only loads 51% then stops responding. I'll keep trying it though.

When PC Wizard starts scanning the Drive Controller, that's when it stops responding at 51%.

Last edited:

reach

--------------------------------------
Summary
Computer Brand Name: Gateway Gateway 400VTX
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Build 2600
Service Pack: Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Mobile Celeron-2200 (2200.0 MHz)
Motherboard: Gateway Gateway 400VTX (Intel 852GM/852GMV (Montara-GML) + ICH4-M)
Memory: 768 MBytes (Single-Channel)
Hard Drive: FUJITSU MHV2040AH (38,154 MBytes (40 GB))
Optical Drive: Slimtype COMBO LSC-24081M (Combo CD-R Writer)
Display Adapter: Intel 82852GM(E/V)/PM/855GM(E) (G)MCH - Integrated Graphics Controller [A1] [Gateway 2000]
Intel 82852GM(E/V)/PM/855GM(E) (G)MCH - Integrated Graphics Controller [A1] [Gateway 2000]
Audio Adapter: Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC&apos;97 Audio Controller [B-1]

I Really Need Help

reach

Solution, Deleted EVERYTHING(in the add/remove program on control panel) that was not a windows component, rebooted, tryed to install and no luck, got blue screen. Then I reinstalled ccleaner and my virus protection software, rebooted and followed installation.

Basically, Delete all non-essential programs. Maybe I just had to wait longer to try and install after reboot? or maybe I just had to delete and re-install and wait five minutes or so for everything to load up, then install.