No Sound

fordguy1

Hi Guy's
Having problems getting any sound on my laptop ( Acer Nitro 5 ) .

All settings seem ok.

Someone said something about deleting something and when you restart your laptop it automatically reinstalls it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure its not muted? Do you have the sound icon down by the clock? There will be an x to the right of it if its muted.

beers

Staff member
Someone said something about deleting something and when you restart your laptop it automatically reinstalls it.
'Someone said something about something' doesn't really provide any actionable information. Are you referring to deleting it in Device Manager?

Your manufacturer should have an audio driver available, Windows Update is 'pretty good' with drivers but I've seen a few examples where it can't find a particular driver.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Also, if you have any sort of other audio program installed (Beats, etc.), check the settings on those as well. I recently worked on a laptop for a family friend and it was working fine when it left my possession. Later that night she called saying there was no sound and it turned out her aftermarket software took control of the system sound and she accidentally muted the aftermarket one. No matter what she did with the system, no sound until she unmuted the second program. Just a thought.