Howdys!
Noob here. Not to computers but to building. Doing my first build to upgrade from a 6 yr old slow POJ. I have all the parts that I think I'll need and have researched till I'm blue in the face on compatability, etc. But I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone can notice anything that might not work. I'm looking at around a $650 buget. Will use it mostly for home use and some gaming (Half life 2, Quake 4, maybe some newer games), but not too intense. Here's what I've got so far..
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD MB
SAPPHIRE 100296HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 V.Card
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA H.Drive
Sony Optiarc DVD/CD RW SATA
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-BWN1-GP Black Steel Case
HEC 585 Watt 2x12V rail Power Supply.
I imagine I'm gonna go with Windows 7. Still deciding on what version, if I should go with 64bit Home Premium for System Builders or something higher.
Thanks for any input!
Noob here. Not to computers but to building. Doing my first build to upgrade from a 6 yr old slow POJ. I have all the parts that I think I'll need and have researched till I'm blue in the face on compatability, etc. But I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone can notice anything that might not work. I'm looking at around a $650 buget. Will use it mostly for home use and some gaming (Half life 2, Quake 4, maybe some newer games), but not too intense. Here's what I've got so far..
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD MB
SAPPHIRE 100296HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 V.Card
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA H.Drive
Sony Optiarc DVD/CD RW SATA
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-BWN1-GP Black Steel Case
HEC 585 Watt 2x12V rail Power Supply.
I imagine I'm gonna go with Windows 7. Still deciding on what version, if I should go with 64bit Home Premium for System Builders or something higher.
Thanks for any input!