NORTON internet security stops internet access!! HELP

james76

when i try to go on internet expolorer when the firewall is turned on programme control pops up saying permit once or block once for iexplore.exe then svchost.exe or something, i click permit and it still blocks the web pages. Also with msn its gives me the option of permiting or blocking but only once,

is there a way i can get norton to permently allow these essentuial programs without having to disable the firewall?

thanks

james

Sebouh

Open NIS then choose Status and Settings from the left if already not chosen, then choose from the list Personal Firewall, on the right click configure, choose the programs tab from the top and you will have the list of the applications that the NF is permitting or blocking, so you can change does options.

Charlie7940

Yes I have Norton Internet Security, and every time a new program attempts to access the internet, options come up asking whether or not you want to allow it. Sometimes they don't give you the option to permit always. Open up Norton, go to your firewall configuration and add all programs you wish to have access to the internet. :)

flip218

VIP Member
When you check "permit" in the lower left do you check the box to always perform (or something like that)