Norton System Works

magusbuckley

Is Norton System Works good in what way? For some people, this program may be perfect. To others, it may be an overkill. Let me explain. Norton System Works is a compilation of other Norton Symantec products such as Norton Antivirus and Norton Utilities. You may need only one of the small programs embedded in this code for your machine and/or problem. For most people, however, I think this program is an overkill. For one, most PC problems, even software related, can be repaired without 3rd party products. Secondly, with all of these system monitors running, you have a lot less memory. Norton System Works can really eat up some RAM if you have it turned on full force for monitoring your entire system at all times. Try purchasing a product that is geared for your specific needs. Norton Internet Security is great. It doesn't use up much RAM, it blocks pop up ads, and includes Norton Antivirus. Something to think about I guess. If you are going to run this program, I highly recommend installing as much RAM as possible on your motherboard to compensate for this memory hogging program. If you run Systemworks at anything other than full force, you aren't fully protected.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is Norton System Works 2005 a good program? Is it worth $70?
IMO the only really useful part is Norton Ghost -- something not apart of NSW (its apart of NSW Premier). Thats just me. For other people, it might be useful ... depends on how computer savvy you are :)