Nvidia rtx

UnholyVision

I'll trade my RTX 2080 Ti if you trade me a Nvidia PTX that doesn't exist yet. xD

Man, would having a GPU that could do decent Path Tracing, be sweet. Ray Tracing is amazing in a GPU, but a PTX ah that would be so much better. Because ray tracing is just a single ray fired at a time while Path Tracing is ten at once. That's literally thousands of rays per pixel that you would be rendering. Of course, if we had that I would still be wanting the next step up I suppose so, I can never win, lol.

_Kyle_

AMD may actually be able to compete with Nvidia with the RX 3000 series.

Supposedly the RX 3080 beats the RTX 2070 for half the price.

Now, of course it won't beat a RTX 2080ti on it's own, but heck, if it supports 4 way Crossfire then you can get 4 RX 3080's and it'll be less than a single RTX 2080ti. But I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the power consumption is gonna be ridiculous.

Intel_man

VIP Member
AMD may actually be able to compete with Nvidia with the RX 3000 series.

Supposedly the RX 3080 beats the RTX 2070 for half the price.

Now, of course it won't beat a RTX 2080ti on it's own, but heck, if it supports 4 way Crossfire then you can get 4 RX 3080's and it'll be less than a single RTX 2080ti. But I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the power consumption is gonna be ridiculous.
Is AMD really calling their next gen cards RX 3000 series just to have the number bigger than the nvidia RTX 2000 series?

If so.... **** AMD. Stop trying to play mind games to trick people into buying your crap. They already made the entire mobo chipset naming scheme way too confusing because of their stupid PR stunt move. If your stuff is good, people will buy it regardless of what it's called. Stop trying to make the names more confusing.

Darren

Staff member
Is AMD really calling their next gen cards RX 3000 series just to have the number bigger than the nvidia RTX 2000 series?

If so.... **** AMD. Stop trying to play mind games to trick people into buying your crap. They already made the entire mobo chipset naming scheme way too confusing because of their stupid PR stunt move. If your stuff is good, people will buy it regardless of what it's called. Stop trying to make the names more confusing.
Oh god that didn't even register for me but your right. That's just crappy.