NZXT Apollo questions.

MBGraphics

VIP Member
Perfect!! :D

Thats all I really want for it to be able to do, I wont get Crysis right away (that is if I even get it at all)

My computer right now runs at an average of 20, up to 35 on a good day. And if sombody throws a smoke grenade at me, im screwed, my fps goes down BELOW 10....

Ramodkk

VIP Member
of course...:rolleyes:

I just cant wait! I know it will be a few months until I can save up the money for it, but its starting to drive me nuts! It's like random times during the day I start thinking about it..I feel like such a nerd:p

Were you able to run CoD4 smoothly on just one 3870?

Yep, same here maxed out on 1 x HD3870 ;)

btw Corey, what are your FPS on COD4 now with the second 3870?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Yep, same here maxed out on 1 x HD3870 ;)

btw Corey, what are your FPS on COD4 now with the second 3870?

online caps at 91fps, it never drops unless someone throws a smoke grenade. Then it might touch 80 :p. I still think its funny, LCD monitors can only display 60FPS :D:p

Single player, its usually over 100+. I haven't run fraps much though..

Kill Bill

#1: About how loud is this case? is it very noticable?
On mine preinstalled with the Nzxt colour blue fans: Yes. And the 2nd one isn't even working at the back

#2: how is the cooling? If I get it, should I add another fan in the front?
Cooling with my case on games such as lost planet or HL2 Death match the cooling would go 60-80 celc

#3: how hard would it be to install another fan in the front?
No clue. or do you mean the rear?

#4: does just the side-fan light up? thats the way NewEgg makes it sound, so just wanted to clarify that.
On my black one you get blue

#5: is it difficult to build? any trouble spots?
Mine was pre-built by Komplett so no idea

#6: is there any "space" trouble (does it get to cramped inside)
When I opened it if you have it in tower mode (like any other person at the bottom of it theres a bit of space. Enough for me too plug in a Usb external fan and sit it at the bottom;)

I'm just trying to figure out if I should get this case, or the ThermalTake Armor (the one without the side fan)

Thanks,
Mike

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Those are some sweet FPS, although yeah, you can't really notice any difference beyond ~60FPS, or is it less? :confused:

MBGraphics

VIP Member
ThatGuy16 and kornowski- in your consol type in
/cg_drawfps 1
to show your FPS in the top right corne
but after that, go into consol again and type
/com_maxfps 250
and that should open up the cap to 250 max ;)

Thanks again to everybody and their help, it's greatly appriciated :D
-Mike