OCing with a Biostar

TheChef

I want to OC my processor and there seems to be an easy way to do it. In my BIOS I can select a setting called turbo where it will OC the processor for me ( I think). Also, I can choose Expert, which allows me to set everything, and optimal, which chooses the settings for me. However, I have a feature called Watchdog Technology on my mobo, that won't allow the computer to boot if the OC settings ae dnagerous. When I chose Turbo mode in my BIOS, the computer would not allow me to turn it on. Everything is back to its original settings, but how can I OC with these little features?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
However, I have a feature called Watchdog Technology on my mobo, that won't allow the computer to boot if the OC settings ae dnagerous
The mobo/cpu doesnt need the watchdog to protect it from bad-boot conditions -- it simply wont boot. Are you sure the watchdog isnt a heat snesor thingy?

When I chose Turbo mode in my BIOS, the computer would not allow me to turn it on. Everything is back to its original settings, but how can I OC with these little features?
Turbo mode is prolly ramping the memory too far :)

TheChef

Watchdog is for halting dangerous settings... it says so in the manual, but you are half correct: it is for temp. sensing also. How can I make it so that the memory want be ramped too far...