Office Network - Not allowing more than two computers online?

My network in the office that I setup keeps crashing on the computers that try and connect to the net.

There is 4 computers all hard wired to the router via a splitter and the router is connected to the server.

But if one computer is on the net or downloading, then the other computers cannot get on the net

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Geoff

VIP Member
What do you mean by a splitter? The computers should be connected to a switch, or directly to the router.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I'll have to ask Omega's question again, what do you mean by a splitter? Do you mean a switch or a hub? Because that's the only things that will allow you to connect to the internet through the router. Heck, with only 4 computers you should be able to connect them directly to the router, no problem, because the router should have 4 ports on the back of it.

Geoff

VIP Member
I mean like the wire from the router connects to a splitter and the 4 ethernet cables from that to the pcs
Again, are you referring to a device (switch) that has multiple ports where all the PC's and the router are connected to? There isn't a splitter that converts one line to 4 like there are with phone splitters.