• Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Both

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Aastii

VIP Member
Is that what you're after?

I couldn't care less about my post count, I have more fun talking about computers or talking to people, and enjoy helping people more than I do about having a higher number. I know there are people on here with only a few hundred or barely over 4 figures that I would trust and believe more than some with 5 figures or close to, the post count is meaningless.

Now if there was a rep button, then I would care about that... sort of :p

oh and I voted PC. I occasionally use Linux, but not that often, more just to play with it and learn a little than to actually use. For ease of use, because I game a lot, I only tend to use Windows. I have used mac before but didn't particularly like it, but that was quite a few years ago, so can't really comment now with the new OSes, I think it was Panther or Tiger that I last used, so a good few years ago

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
I want a good clean fight, no holding, no kicking and no fanboys threatening to visit me :D

I have a PC at home and love it, I also use a Mac occasionally at work and could love it even more.
So I voted for both.
It seems probable that the PC votes are by people who have never used a Mac, therefore those votes are null and void.:good:

Last edited:

D@RKSID3

It seems probable that the PC votes are by people who have never used a Mac, therefore those votes are null and void.:good:

I've use MAc a lot, mainly setting them up for people. i like the design and feel of them, but I voted PC because i like a bit more freedom of windows.

And the fact that I don't have to worry about compatibility with PC, and the price ofcourse:D

tlarkin

VIP Member
picard.jpg

ScottALot

Congrats OP this thread is now official. :p

Next week's thread, and all those that follow, will be merged into this thread.

Wait, are you serious? Because that would be a dream come true...
Also factor in:
Why doesn't all my memory show up? (32bit or 64bit)
Why isn't my computer always using all four cores? (more efficient that way)
Best cases under 100$ list and coolers under 50$ list.

thecropchick

MAC vs PC

I have a relative graduating from high school this year. Majoring in music in college possibly chemical engineering. So, what would be better for them MAC or PC?:rolleyes:

thecropchick

what are they likely going to be doing with the computer?

Honeslty I don't know. It's been 15 years since I was in school and that was before "LAPTOPS/WIFI" became mainstream. I assume if he was a "MUSIC" major recording, etc, As far as chemical engeineering,,, whatever that entails?!:rolleyes:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
What college is he going to? Some campuses are extremely mac oriented and some are PC oriented. As being a chemical engineer, he might have to do some basic autocad/programming, otherwise just a lot of chemistry classes and maybe mathcad/mathlab.

thecropchick

What college is he going to? Some campuses are extremely mac oriented and some are PC oriented. As being a chemical engineer, he might have to do some basic autocad/programming, otherwise just a lot of chemistry classes and maybe mathcad/mathlab.

GOOD POINT:good:

I never thought of the colleges being computer type oriented.

tlarkin

VIP Member

Autodesk now releases all their software for both Mac and PC. CAD came out like 2 weeks ago.