Old School

ajf1006

New Member
Hey ya'll first off let me say these forums are awesome!

Im trying to upgrade my system, now I know its older BUT I have no issues out of it right now...I really only play one game World Of Warcraft, and it runs pretty good BUT i have all my settings turned way down, here is what I have:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16813138038, that's my motherboard, i was wondering what the largest chip I could put in it is, I have an old Sempron 3600 now, i was looking at an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor - OEM and was wondering if it would fit...I guess what got me thinking was my motherboards bus speed...800mhz I don't really understand how bus speed works but someone said i can only upgrade my stuff so much before my bus speed catches up im really only hoping I have to upgrade my video card and cpu and be able to notice a huge difference...probably only a $200 upgrade

Thanks for any input
 
Wow I looked for that lol thank you! Do you knwo if the fan heatsink from my processor will fit the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800+
 
Last edited:
Is what i said about the FSB make any sense? is spending a cpl hundred on PSU CPU and Video card worth it or will my SB limit me?
 
That card is way overpriced and not as good as the HD series.

If you're looking at ATI cards, then get something HD. Like HD 3850 or HD 4670.

This is the card I would choose:
XFX HD-465X-ZPF2 Radeon HD 4650 1GB $79.99

Power supply: (you may not need one, but just in case)
XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W $45.99
Is what i said about the FSB make any sense? is spending a cpl hundred on PSU CPU and Video card worth it or will my SB limit me?

Don't worry about your BUS. It's not going to hold you back with these parts.
 
will i notice a big difference in performance?

Absolutely. You'll notice an instant increase in speed of booting up and opening programs, with the dual core cpu that's clocked higher than your current single core.

With the extra core and better graphics card you'll be able to increase the game settings, and it will look much better. How much RAM do you have?

would my computer run dual 19-20" DVI monitors?

Yes, 2 monitors no sweat.
 
Back
Top