Only 2705 on 3dmark05?(6600GT)

CorNut

banned
does that sound right? I really don't know much more than how to put a computer together so I don't know what to do?? Or does that sound right?? I have:

Athlon 64 3000
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 NF4 board
1GB Ultra DDR 400 in dual channel(2x512 and they checked good on memtest after running it for 2 days)
XFX 6600GT
single WD 160GB SATA drive
Ultra 500W X-Connect Poower Supply

only things I changed in the bios were usb keyboard/mouse support and I turned off the raid controller because it was having issues not letting me install windows, but I just have 1 drive so that wouldnt matter... other than that the settings are exactly how they come from Gigabyte. That just seems kinda low but I could be wrong?? Also, I wouldn't mind some tips on what and how to overclock my setup if anybody has any suggestions? I haven't really overclocked anything but I want to try to see the difference. I have a Chieftec Dragon case with 5 80 MM fans, syncs for my ram, and arctic silver 5(if it actually helps)on the cpu so cooling isn't much of a problem. What are some things to change for moderate overclocking?? I don't want to go all out yet... I just want to learn how to understand it first then I'll step it up a bit from there

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
yes that sounds reasonable I only got ~3000 on 3dmark05 with my system:
P4 3.0GHz
P5GD1
1GB Corsair XMS
Chaintech 6600GT
120GB Seagate SATA HD