"Out of memory."

The VCR King

I need some urgent help with a possible RAM issue. I am trying to install PCWizard/CPUID to monitor my power supply and after I select all of my options and click INSTALL, a red box pops up saying "Out of memory." I have 8GB of RAM installed and it is only about 35% filled by running processes, so the program had plenty of memory to use.

Last edited:
If installing the newest version doesn't work then most likely you have too many processes going and need to close some.

First off, there is no download link for the program on the developer's crappy website. I had to find and download it from Softpedia, and even then, they only had the 2013 version. I downloaded a fresh copy and am still getting a "Out of memory." error.

There is a download link on their page, you have to know where to look.

The bad thing is even though it says 2014, it still installs the 2013 version.

I would say you have too many processes running and you don't have enough available memory.

I HAVE ALMOST 5GB OF RAM FREE. I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT ISN'T ENOUGH FOR A STUPID PROGRAM TO INSTALL!
angry-must-resist.png

I just installed the program and no issues. Do yourself a favor and reboot your system and don't open anything and then install the program. I bet it will work.

Try safe mode? You must have something running at bootup that is causing an issue then.

I have done things in Safe Mode before and have rendered my PC unbootable and had to reinstall everything. I am scared to death to modify anything on my computer because if I get a BOOTMGR MISSING message for the 4th time now I'm gonna have a heart attack. I know it sounds as stubborn and stupid as it gets but I honestly am not comfortable screwing with my OS. A while ago when someone told me here to turn set some low-power-whatevertheheck in Registry Editor to "0" I somehow ended up disabling BOOTMGR and had to reimage my machine.

Then whatever you did in safe mode has caused your issues. Accessing safe mode will not cause any issues. It's actually a diagnostic mode for windows. If you want, you can run a program for me to see what processes are running at bootup.

Back