Outlook Express Problem...

zilla

A coworkers email isn't working through Outlook Express, it's set up correctly and has functioned fine for the past few years honestly. Suddenly, it won't receieve any emails from anyone and the sender never receives a returned (i.e. bad address type) email. I can't figure out where I need to start looking to find a solution, and while I'm far from an expert on this sort of stuff, I do have a pretty decent knowledge base about how email and Outlook Express function. Any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks guys!

ZER0X

VIP Member
I've got a problem with outlook express but mines different....when I go onto it my internet disconnects :eek:

A coworkers email isn't working through Outlook Express, it's set up correctly and has functioned fine for the past few years honestly. Suddenly, it won't receieve any emails from anyone and the sender never receives a returned (i.e. bad address type) email.

Try re-adding the account (Tools > Accounts > Mail "Tab" > Add) or even reconfigure the account by going to properties maybe his E-mail adress is wrong or the POP3(OR/AND)SMTP are Incorrect?

zilla

ZER0X said:
I've got a problem with outlook express but mines different....when I go onto it my internet disconnects :eek:

Try re-adding the account (Tools > Accounts > Mail "Tab" > Add) or even reconfigure the account by going to properties maybe his E-mail adress is wrong or the POP3(OR/AND)SMTP are Incorrect?

Thanks, I'll double check, but I'm positive all the settings are ok, b/c you can send emails from that address and computer... just not receive any. :confused:

Last edited:

zilla

Nada... can't figure it out at all. I added the account to my computer to see if it might be some sort of network error, but it works fine here. So it's evidently something about her computer that is causing the issue.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Do OE return any error message when trying to receive e-mails from the server? If yes, what that error says?

zilla

Lorand said:
Do OE return any error message when trying to receive e-mails from the server? If yes, what that error says?

Nah man, no errors. Just doesn't receive anything.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Look at Tools / Accounts on that mailbox properties. At the General tab the "Include this account when receiving e-mail..." should be checked.

zilla

Lorand said:
Look at Tools / Accounts on that mailbox properties. At the General tab the "Include this account when receiving e-mail..." should be checked.

I'll check that one out first thing tomorrow.
:D