i dunno bout water cooling to dangerous isnt it

4W4K3

VIP Member
robina_80 said:
wots the best hardware to overclock
AMD or Intel?

robina_80 said:
havnt got a good psu with fans and higher wattage mines 350w
well if its not "good" (rails are way off, heats up alot, weighs very little) and it doesnt have fans, then i wouldnt expect much out of it.

robina_80 said:
hard drive fans underneath havnt got
not necessary unless you have a HDD that gets REALLY hot or you have like 5 of them creating a heat pocket.

robina_80 said:
ive got 2 case fans
its a start, you get as many as you think you need to cool the case down.

robina_80 said:
5.25 bay with 2 fans ive got
will help circulate the air, good in my opinion.

robina_80 said:
got a system exhaust blower
dunno what that is...but i think it will also provide good circulation.

robina_80 said:
i dunno bout water cooling to dangerous isnt it

not really...its only as dangerous as you make it. if you connect it good and buy quality parts, no worries. you gotta leak test it and all that though b4 u get it installed.
i stole praetor's answering format cuz it works SO well. but its too much work...so don't kill me praetor! i wont use it again lol. :D

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
AMD or Intel?
Well it dont matter much, both platforms OC well. If you want to do OCing on Intel and are feeling brave, grab a 3.4Ghz Prescott and OC that sucker ... you shouldnt have a problem approaching 4Ghz with some nice cooling. Otherwise the 2.8Ghz or 3.0Ghz P4Cs are and excellent choice.

AMDwise their newer A64 line isnt so OCable (but doable nonetheless but you're looking at 200-300Mhz OCs). The A32 line is very OCable mind you (but horribly outdated.. okay not horribly but you're buying a new system then yes, horribly) and you can nail 600Mhz OCs with them on Force Air and maybe more with some exotic options

havnt got a good psu with fans and higher wattage mines 350w
Then i'd put OCing on hold until you get a nice solid PSU

not necessary unless you have a HDD that gets REALLY hot or you have like 5 of them creating a heat pocket.
You ever check the temp on a HDD after its been runnin 8 hours? Approaching 60C man :p A simple 80mm fan can cut that to 30C

dunno what that is...but i think it will also provide good circulation.
Actually kinda crappy and are often used on stealth or any-cooling-helps configurations ... they pull about 20cfm and their access to air isnt so superb.

not really...its only as dangerous as you make it. if you connect it good and buy quality parts, no worries. you gotta leak test it and all that though b4 u get it installed.
Well theres that and the condensation too :p Traditionally Intel platforms have been easier to mount watercooling to

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
You ever check the temp on a HDD after its been runnin 8 hours? Approaching 60C man :p A simple 80mm fan can cut that to 30C

my HDD never gets over 40C...but then again i never run it for over 8hrs. lol. maybe the probe is wrong...but its usually around 32C idle and when im defragging or something like sandra space testing it gets to like 39-40C. maybe i'll try a fan on it then...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
my HDD never gets over 40C...but then again i never run it for over 8hrs. lol. maybe the probe is wrong...but its usually around 32C idle and when im defragging or something like sandra space testing it gets to like 39-40C
A whole crapload of metal discs wirring around at 7200 rpm for 8 hours in a room ambient temp 20C is gonna be hotter than 40C without cooling and considering avg joe's case ive seen 55C no sweat and 60C isnt a huge leap of faith :) Course it doesnt bother most people for some reason ... i like mine at 20-25 cuz then i know i have damn near a 40C buffer before i gotta start worrying :D

4W4K3

VIP Member
it might be my case temp actually. i have a total of 6 80mm fans in it, and one huge room fan in the side. with the case closed it pobably gets alot hotter...but i havent closed my case in a month or so.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Me said:
whole crapload of metal discs wirring around at 7200 rpm for 8 hours in a room ambient temp 20C is gonna be hotter than 40C without cooling and considering avg joe's case

4W4K3 said:
i have a total of 6 80mm fans in it, and one huge room fan in the side

Well now you dont quite have an average Joe setup do you? :p

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Well now you dont quite have an average Joe setup do you? :p

lol well that depends on your description of "average joe." i got 4 of the 6 fans for free...otherwise i would only have like 2-3. for $10 a piece it breaks the bank fast for me lol. old climbski dude i knew used an AC unit and vent for his PC...he was all hardcore about it. had the humidity and dew point charted and all so he knew what months he needed to make sure no condensation would occur and all sorts of stuff. compared to him im mr. average joe lol. i get what u mean though...most cases come with 1-2 fans.

4W4K3

VIP Member
robina_80 said:
wats the best psu 4 amd u think i shud get one with dual fans and wots the best wattage one shud get

well...wattage depends on how much junk you have in your computer. im ifne with a 350watter, but others need a 500watter cuz they have like 8 harddrives and all kinds of stuff. brand wise...i like fortron, enermax...theres really alot that are good. research reviews on a PSU u thik u like and see how it performed.