OWC Envoy Pro always "resets" (turns on and off) when I try to put data on the drive. Is there a way to fix this issue?

iKokomo

I have an OWC Envoy Pro for Apple SSDs that worked perfectly until recently everytime I try to put data on the drive (after a few seconds of putting the data on) the drive would "disconnect" and "reconnect."

I have tried formatting the drive in NTFS, APFS, FAT, and Mac OS Extended with at least a 2 pass format. I also ran the built-in mac first-aid. This lengthy process did not cause the drive to reset as putting data onto the drive did.

I also physically removed the drive and reseated it in the enclosure.

I was wondering if the drive is dead, or if I need to do some deeper-level formatting in order to get this thing up and running again?
Thanks!

Okedokey

The cable, enclosure circuitry, usb port on pc or OS problem could be at the cause. I would eliminate theses by first trying it on another pc. If it works fine, try it on another port on the machine it doesn't work on. If you cannot do that, or only have one machine, I would eliminate the USB cable by swapping it with a known good one in a different USB port. Same applies if it is another type of interface (e.g. thunderbolt). ONe you've eliminated the cable, pc and hardware, i would remove the NVMe drive and try it in another pc or enclosure. Various options exist. Unless you remove the potential faults up stream of the drive, it could be the enclosure.