Windows 7 Packard Bell dot s stuck on windows logo, hdd is not corrupted

MalaLednica

Hey! I have a weird problem I am battling for few hours. When I start my packard bell laptop and boot bios everything seems normal, but when I proceed to windows loading phase after like 3seconds laptop freezes. Windows recovery freezes too. Can´t access safemode either. I have read a lot of articles but they are all talking about HDD issues. HDD is allright, i have put it in 2 other laptops and everything works normally. I have tried even win 10 and win xp, it has the same issue on the boot logo. I think it can be some hardware issue. Thanks for your help and ideas.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you change any bios settings like the sata controller setting? If not it sounds like something happened with the motherboard. Is there an option to put bios settings to default?

MalaLednica

I fixed it and the solution is really weird. Wifi card was causing these problems. I completely disassembled the laptop and kept only cpu, ram, MB and screen. And suddenly I could get past the windows logo and everything worked. So i started connecting other things one by one. When I added wifi card the problem was back. I couldn't believe that so i checked 3 times if it is the real problem. And it was! Very unusual problem. I replaced the card and everything is working like it should.