Parallel Network Connection?

welderjeffo

Does anybody know if a standard IEEE 1284 printer cable will work to make a direct parallel connection with older rig running W95a, to a newer rig running Win XP ?
The XP rig is on a network with another XP rig, both wired to a router and cable modem.
The W95 rig isn't hooked to anything, it only has a phone modem in it, and I don't have any hardware to hook it up to the XP network.
Since my router is also wireless, I tried a wireless card in the W95 rig, but it wouldn't work.....'incompatible' with W95. :confused:
I'm trying to salvage 2Gb of family photos from the slave HD in the W95 rig, which was accidentally formatted. :eek:
Help?

S_Doherty

Would it be possible for you to put the older harddrive into the machine running win xp and just do a simple drive-to-drive transfer? if not then you should get a hold of a crossover cable and do a direct transfer that way

welderjeffo

update on this;
I sorta got the cable to work, with some rearranging of pins, but the transfer wouldn't work.
So I uninstalled and deleted everything I could to make room on C. (old rig)
I ran PC Inspector File Recovery from C, salvaged what I could from D and saved it to C.
Then I sorted what I wanted to keep, burned it, and put it in the new rig.
BTW..."PCI-file recovery" worked great and it's free.