Password Vault?

kona

Hi. I haven't been here for a while but here I am now. As we now live in a 'password' world I have a question or two for the experts and/or any other folks here that keep up with computer technology related to passwords. I have a dozen or so passwords that I use - some of them regularly but many not so often. I keep a log so I can refer to them but sometimes I need a password and I don't have my log book with me. I store some on my mini flash drive in my phone but I don't like the idea that the passwords are not secure there. Someone just today said they store passwords in a Password Vault. The Vault itself has a password and once you get in you can see all the passwords that you've stored there. Sounds good enough to me.

My questions here are:
1) has anyone here used a 'vault' or something like it (a phone app Vault?)?
2) Are there some that you can download from your App Store on your phone that are good?
3) What are the best Password Vaults and why?

Thank you,

Gary in West Kelowna BC Canada

kona

Thanks guys! Do you have to go with the Pro version or is the Classic Edition good enough?

kona

I've downloaded/installed keepass2 for android. Now I have to pick a storage type.................system file picker, Dropbox, Google Drive or One Drive...etc. I don't have any idea what to pick. I guess their asking where I want all my password info stored?

If I just pick DropBox is that good enough?

gary

Agent Smith

I use Keepass for my phone and I didn't use Cloudstorge. You proabbly got the pro version. You should be able to use your phone storage or SD card storage. I would NEVER store my passwords in the cloud.

Keepass can also be used on your computer. http://keepass.info/

Barney H.Leach

I would recommend that the KeePass is the best option. It helps you to manage all your passwords in a secure way. It has only one database and has a master key. Hence you need to remember only that master key. Your passwords will be encrypted while the KeePass is running. Hope this will help you in a better way.