Pc project (transform laptop into desktop)

nickmgray

I have been the proud owner of a Toshiba Satellite laptop for nearly two years. It has been my pride and joy. Unfortunately it decided to die on me with no hopes of coming back (power pin broke off from motherboard and there's no going back, I've tried). So I've come to the conclusion that it's time to move on.

With having spend almost 1.5g's for the computer, it is very had to move on. I have come to the conclusion that my laptop will be reborn, only this time it will come to life in the form of a desktop. He have a heart (P4 2.4ghz) a mind (40 gb HDD) a piece of the body (15" lcd monitor) and the soul (512mb of ddr ram, there has to be some way to make it work on a desktop motherboard).

I've only built one PC before and am going to need a lot of help, considering that I'm not sure how all this is going to fit together. I think a good starting point is a case, and I know just the thing that will work. I'm envisioning a cube case lite those of http://shuttle.com .

From here on out I'd love to hear any suggestions, insights, comments, or insults that you may have.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
With having spend almost 1.5g's for the computer, it is very had to move on. I have come to the conclusion that my laptop will be reborn, only this time it will come to life in the form of a desktop. He have a heart (P4 2.4ghz) a mind (40 gb HDD) a piece of the body (15" lcd monitor) and the soul (512mb of ddr ram, there has to be some way to make it work on a desktop motherboard).
The simplest/quickest route is to pop the CPU and RAM and use a desktop board :) If thats a desktop P4 (or same socket count) then its an ubereasy to do :)