Solved PC Stuck on start up screen Windows 10? Help (FIXED)

Computer is stuck on the start up screen Windows 10. Control alt delete doesn't work. I can't pass the start up screen. Restarted 3 times, unplugged it 2 times, nothing works. Any ideas? It's a cheap all in one HP.

EDIT: wasn't sure to post this here or Operating System. Sorry about that.

37737571_10156673384581979_4541003814651559936_o.jpg

Darren

Staff member
Might sound weird but when it's first starting to load Windows with the spinning dots pull the power. If you do this 2-3 times it should kick you into the recovery menu. Run startup repair or system restore from there. Alternatively you can't make a recovery USB with the Windows Media Creation tool and do the same by booting from it.

HP All in One's deserve to be launched into space while on fire. Hated fixing those damn things.

Might sound weird but when it's first starting to load Windows with the spinning dots pull the power. If you do this 2-3 times it should kick you into the recovery menu. Run startup repair or system restore from there. Alternatively you can't make a recovery USB with the Windows Media Creation tool and do the same by booting from it.

HP All in One's deserve to be launched into space while on fire. Hated fixing those damn things.
Interesting, thanks for the tip, I'll keep this in mind in case it happens again.

So after doing 4 or 5 force shut down's on the PC the Computer responded and was able to log into Windows and is now working properly. Very odd, this never happened in the year we've owned this Computer. Good to know for next time what to do though, thanks.

Darren

Staff member
Interesting, thanks for the tip, I'll keep this in mind in case it happens again.

So after doing 4 or 5 force shut down's on the PC the Computer responded and was able to log into Windows and is now working properly. Very odd, this never happened in the year we've owned this Computer. Good to know for next time what to do though, thanks.
A lot of times it's just hanging on an update. It might have auto rolled back the update and try it again. Tell it to check for updates and make sure it gets through them completely.

Darren

Staff member

Can confirm. I've been fighting HP at work, they keep closing support tickets on me even though I'm still having problems with the same thing and the tech they send knows it's still not working. IT director recently switched from Dell and he's already regretting it.

HP can go die. At least their commercial printers are good. Their support website is also completely broken and sends you in login loops.