Permissions in XP question.

godai73

I just built a new computer and installed XP professional on it. I have a small network at home and I added this computer to this network. I have 2 other computers at home. One has windows 2000 and the other have windows XP. When I right click on a folder on my new computer to share a folder, it does not give me the option to add and remove certain users from the folder? I went into Help for XP and it did not tell me where I can do that? Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance.

subzero7676

godai73 said:
I just built a new computer and installed XP professional on it. I have a small network at home and I added this computer to this network. I have 2 other computers at home. One has windows 2000 and the other have windows XP. When I right click on a folder on my new computer to share a folder, it does not give me the option to add and remove certain users from the folder? I went into Help for XP and it did not tell me where I can do that? Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Ok you need to run in safe mode and get into the adminstrator for XP that way you can delete anyhtign you want!

Kanduu

Have you installed FILE and PRINT sharing on your new PC?
Can the PC's see your NEW PC.

Try running the NETWORK-SETUP WIZARD, in CONTROL-PANEL...

computerhakk

VIP Member
y not just set a password on the folder.. if the other person/computer user dont know the password.. they can't get in