Phone stuck in infinite reboot loop

Dimitri

Generic note app - I vaguely recall having that on my S2 as well. Switch to Google Keep moving forward - infinitely better.

That's really the only thing I need, those notes, but I need them BADLY.

Grantapus said

"I forget how to do this, of if it will work, but just put the device in USB debugging mode with the right tools installed on the PC, and you should be able to get your files"

Theoretically, if I can access the files on the phone and I know where this notes app stores the notes I could get the notes and save them and be able to access them when I reinstall the app, no?

Grantapus

That's really the only thing I need, those notes, but I need them BADLY.

Grantapus said

"I forget how to do this, of if it will work, but just put the device in USB debugging mode with the right tools installed on the PC, and you should be able to get your files"

Theoretically, if I can access the files on the phone and I know where this notes app stores the notes I could get the notes and save them and be able to access them when I reinstall the app, no?
In theory.

Dimitri

When I press and hold the power + volume button and then release the power button as soon as it starts booting I get a screen that says:

"Warning!!

A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.

If you want to download a custom OS, press volume up, otherwise press volume down to cancel."

Wtf is this?

What if I tell him to install a custom OS, will he fomrat the phone's memory or will I keep my data?

_Kyle_

When I press and hold the power + volume button and then release the power button as soon as it starts booting I get a screen that says:

"Warning!!

A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.

If you want to download a custom OS, press volume up, otherwise press volume down to cancel."

Wtf is this?

What if I tell him to install a custom OS, will he fomrat the phone's memory or will I keep my data?
You will lose your data. The reformat erases the entire drive to install OS.

Dimitri

Here's what someone recommended, could this work:

Ok so download a stock or custom rom backup "data" on twrp and go to wipe-> advanced wipe-> then choose system, cache, dalvik, data (don't wipe internal storage or microSD card) and install the rom and then boot back into TWRP and restore the data backup.

Grantapus

Here's what someone recommended, could this work:

Ok so download a stock or custom rom backup "data" on twrp and go to wipe-> advanced wipe-> then choose system, cache, dalvik, data (don't wipe internal storage or microSD card) and install the rom and then boot back into TWRP and restore the data backup.
I have had this problem on a device of mine before, and from experience, that probably won't work. It seemed like I tried just about everything possible to recover my stuff, but in the end I could not. I'm sorry to say that you will probably have to go to a phone repair store and have them recover the data off the storage. But don't pay extra money to have them flash the new OS, I can walk you through how to do that yourself.