Photo Storage

jetsmell

I have a Canon Digital Camera. I download my pics. from a memory card that I put in the desktop tower. Those pics go to the Canon site. I also have Picasa where most of my pics. have gone. Some of the pics. on the Canon site don't go on Picasa for some reason. My problem is that all my pics are not together on the Picasa site. If you know of a better place to put pics. I would like to know. Also I would like to know a good free site to back all my pics. on. Thanks for any input you might have.

Geoff

VIP Member
Most photo sites such as Flikr, Photobucket, 500px, etc. don't store the original full quality image, so I wouldn't keep the photos only on those types of sites.

spirit

Staff member
I'd just use DropBox. That way you can store the original JPEGs and they will be full quality. As Geoff said above, sites like Flickr, Photobucket and 500px sometimes resize your photos (especailly Photobucket).

EvanK

From what I've heard, Photobucket's pretty bad when it comes to compression, so I'd stay away. I use Flickr and 500px as my galleries and Box.net as bulk storage.

Rit

Depends on the picture for me where I upload it to.

Ebay Pictures = Photobucket (Cause I like the quick linking on pictures)
Zenfolio = For Projects (Just more professional)

But for back-up never just have one location as 'back-up'. I don't even trust online places. So I have them stored on a separate HD, stored online, external HD, and once a month do a DVD burn. It might be a little overkill, but I do this not for just photos, but all my important files.