Photo Tourny - Cold

jimmymac

VIP Member
Also, I think it should be first come first serve, no more of this reserve a spot. Granted I've done it a fair share, but it is a huge pain to keep track of that.

to be honest i was going to add that as a rule intially but completely forgot to. I dont think reserved spots should be allowed, it should just be the first ten pictures in are the ones who get a spot.

I'm also a bit dubious about people putting up 4 or 5 pics and asking everyone which is the best. It should be your decision, its like getting a pre vote on your pics........

tomb08uk

to be honest i was going to add that as a rule intially but completely forgot to. I dont think reserved spots should be allowed, it should just be the first ten pictures in are the ones who get a spot.

I'm also a bit dubious about people putting up 4 or 5 pics and asking everyone which is the best. It should be your decision, its like getting a pre vote on your pics........

Spot on...maybe starting from the next competetion, its the first 10 Photos uploaded, no reserving and no asking peoples opionins,and if peopley upload more than one shot, either creator just chooses one or accept none of them...

jimmymac

VIP Member
i think its only right, personally I could have chosen from about 40 pictures for this theme but rather picked one that I thought was the better one, it should be my own judgement on it.

No reserving sounds best, I have lost count of how many i have missed out on as i've come in to find all ten places gone but only 6 pictures actually uploaded because the rest are reserved.

Punk

Staff member
No reserving sounds best, I have lost count of how many i have missed out on as i've come in to find all ten places gone but only 6 pictures actually uploaded because the rest are reserved.

yeah I agree, no more reservations for spots should be better.

Kabu

banned

I agree with you as well :D

4NGU$

VIP Member
I agree with you as well :D

sounds good to me

i also think there should be no chatter in this thread just ten post with ten links to ten pictures make it so much faster to set the poll up
you can comment on on what photo you think are good in the poll

maybe im taking it to far but just my thoughts

Ben

VIP Member
sounds good to me

i also think there should be no chatter in this thread just ten post with ten links to ten pictures make it so much faster to set the poll up

Yeah. I don't have a problem with a new rule about 1 link in each post.

I like the reserved spots, but I don't have much of a problem with not allowing them.

tidyboy21

I love the locations of your pics Halian. I have noticed in most of your pics that the majority of the highlights are blown out/ over exposed (snow on mountain tops). Have you considered using a Neutral Density Grad filter? May be worth looking into. What camera are you using?

Kabu

banned
sounds good to me

We could start a separate thread if you want to discuss the pics. That way we can still talk about them but the host of the tourny won't get confused. :)

vroom_skies

VIP Member
I agree with most of that.
The only think is, if you really can't decided between some pictures, I think it would be nice to get an opinion before hand. However I think it should be only 2 to choose between, and not an absurd number. Granted, I'm caught red handed doing this on also.

I also agree with the chit chat, if you want some one picture you can use the PM feature. It's hard enough keeping track of the pictures w/o all this excess chat.

Bob

epidemik

How bout this, you can reserve but to reserve youve gotta post a picture that fits the theme. Then if you want to change it, you can go back and edit that post (before poll is created)...that way, you can still kinda reserve but theres also no worries about the person not comming back and posting a pic. IDK, just throwing my idea out there.

I love the pics, good job guys.

Kabu

banned
How bout this, you can reserve but to reserve youve gotta post a picture that fits the theme. Then if you want to change it, you can go back and edit that post (before poll is created)...that way, you can still kinda reserve but theres also no worries about the person not comming back and posting a pic. IDK, just throwing my idea out there.

I love the pics, good job guys.

I think that's a great idea :D