picture resolution

rjkengr

this might be a simple ?, but i can't seem to figure out how to do this. Basically, I'm trying to change a picture's resolution using something simple or free software in the process. I'm looking to stick a picture on an internet site that basically shrinks the pictures to fit the space they allow. The picture resolution for the site is 200x134 and i have a 600x400. I guess i could always try cropping it also, but i don't even think i currently have any software to do that.
btw again i apologize if this is extremly simple to solve.

Qlutch

Yeah you can define the height and width of an image by putting width="x" and height="x" in your img src tag.

rjkengr

sorry for any confusion this is a website like myspace or facebook that already has set paramters. i'm just trying to get a high resolution picture into a small place basically. i think once i set up my scanner i should be able to crop the picture and edit it better.

alanuofm

VIP Member
you can use adobe photoshop. not sure if you have that. if its not a private photo or anything you could send it to me and i can resize it for you.