Plan for upgrading computer. :) Help?

So, my plan for upgrading my desktop is during cyber Monday, this year, buy a GTX 1070 and a 1080p 144hz monitor. My rig right now has a GTX 960 and a 60hz monitor (core i5 if anyone needs to know) and it's just not doing it for me. I really like having high fps and decent looking graphics for videogames. Do you think this is a good plan? I don't know how much everything is gonna cost on that day but I'm hoping to shoot for $500 maybe? (monitor and graphics card) How much do you think the prices will go down by cyber Monday? Any suggestions on the plan? I would really like to hear your thoughts. Thank you. :)

beers

Staff member
$500 might be a bit short but it could depend on BF/CM sales.

Any specific 144 Hz monitor you had in mind? The popular 24" Asus one is ~$260 and the 1070 is still around $400. You might find some deals but it is probably a stretch for $160 off.

Laquer Head

I agree with @beers , Probably gonna be wishful thinking to hit $500 budget. I doubt the 1070 will be off that much as its less than 6 months old.

I do agree, also with an Asus monitor, although I don't know if 144hz is really a necessity..

I do like the Asus monitor. But I'm pretty sure I could still find a cheaper monitor. As for the graphics card, who knows there could be some real good deals. But yeah maybe your right...