"playback prohibited by area limitations"

boostedpimp

Purchased a DVD from someone over in Australia and whenever I attempt to play it in any dvd players I get "playback prohibited by area limitations" but I can play it in any laptop or pc fine...

I'd like to know how I can convert it to be play-able for me? I have 1clickdvd which I used to burn my movies but it doesn't have any features to be able to convert regency codes etc so im looking for advice.

Thanks in advance

timboW

Actually, I have exactly the same problem. I'm originally from Australia, and family are always sending DVD's over either for us or the kids on birthdays and at Christmas, but we're always having to play them on the computer. Lately though I've found that they won't even play on the PC anymore and generate the same error message that the other poster mentioned.

Anyone know why the PC won't play them anymore? It was my understanding that normal DVD players had some sort of blocking mechanism built it that was triggered by special keys on the DVD itself, whereas PC DVD players weren't affected in the same fashion. Have they got around this somehow?

It's a real pain, because we now have a small stockpile of DVD's that we've never been able to watch.

Last edited:

boostedpimp

How can one convert to the needed regional code?? I want to convert to a playable code so I can then reburn to dvd for use with a dvd play that's non pc