PLEASE help me rate this rig

1word_swag

hi sirs/madams,

i am have asked a local computer sales store to build a pc for me. my original budget was going to be in the 500-650$ range but i did not account in for the labor that they had to include which would be putting the parts together, installing windows,..etc.

anyways here is my rig, i wanted to know if there is any other graphics card or processors that u guys reccomend instead of the one that i have listed... but i want it to be similiar in price and if not better in performance.. or reccomend me one that is the same performance and cheaper in price,.. this rig was total is 830$... so probably it was in reality 700$ but they boosted it for labor... do u think 830$ is still a good price, please comment. thanks.here is the rig:

Also here are the key questions that i want to ask:

1. i know the intel cpus are better but amd is cheaper.. should i still switch to a intel i3 or something for same price? is there a better amd i should get?

2. the graphics card... is that the best i can get for under 100$?

3. good enough ram?

4. i will be playing CS:S,CS:S (upcoming new css), TF@ ( i really really want to play this game on max settings with very good fps), possibly bf3 and new COD

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX- processor

ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard-MB

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case- case

WD Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache- hard drive

video card
-XFX HD-667X-ZAF3 Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium- OS

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

ALREADY HAVE POWER SUPPLY (700w)

Last edited:

claptonman

You probably won't have the power to run BF3 on full settings because of your video card, but it should be playable.

So they're charging $130 to put it together? You can take 30 minutes to read some articles online and about 1-2 hours to build it. It's not that hard at all.

I would get a different case. It has no cable management at all. Everything else looks good. What kind of power supply do you have?

jonnyp11

i wouldn't pay 830 for it, i think that would be closer to a 600 buck build on newegg and that's with a new power supply too.

1word_swag

yea i know but im in university atm and i dont want to waste time, i know its easy as hell but id rather not go thru the trouble i hope u understand. are u serious the antec 300 is bad with cable management? can u rec me another case than.. i thought it was fine, im using a 700W power supply.

jonnyp11

he was asking what the brand/model of the 700w psu is, the brand makes all the difference in components. also the 300 is a nice case but it is true that the cable management is hoorid, look at either lian li or the coolermaster cases, i know there is a good lian li for like 50/60 that looks nice, and there is the coolermaster haf 912 for like 60, but i'd rec the lian li, they are the highest quality brand for cases.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Rocketfish is a best buy/geeksquad generic name. Probably wouldn't use it on a decent system. Stay more with the trusted brands like corsair, antec, pc power and cooling.