Please Help, Not sure whats wrong

Theriac

So this is my first post, I've been struggling with my computer for a while now and I'm trying to seek help for it now. First off here are some of my quick stats for my comp:

P4 2.66GHz
1.5 GB ram (DDR)
ATI Radeon HD4670 (AGP)

Ok here is my problem. My comp has been getting very slow over the last little while(I know its not the best comp, but still handles ok up to now). I try to play WoW and my fps has gone from 30 to 14 to 5, now everytime I try to play I get 5 or less. I have defragged my comp, scan for everything. I tried replacing my network adapter to see if it was my internet, no luck. I plugged into the modem directly and still nothing. I've overclocked my cpu to 3.0Ghz at one point and before I could really see if it worked my comp froze, so I tried turning it down and it didn't seem to help. I know my comp can handle the game cause at one point I handled the game just fine. If anyone knows why my comp has all of a sudden slowed, please let me know.

Other then handling the game, my comp runs fine by the way. Its just when I begin to play games I get crazy frame lag.

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need more info from me.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you downloaded Ccleaner and cleaned out all your old temp files and such? When you say you scanned for everything, what did you use?

danthrax

I've heard a lot of people on here recommending malwarebytes to scan for malicious software. If you have used something like Norton or McAfee, I'd definitely recommend trying malwarebytes.