Hi All,
New to the forum so hope im posting in the right place lol. Anyway the story goes.....My motherboard pretty much broke down,I took it to a computer shop where I was advised to have new motherboard and processor. Them being the experts,i agreed, they told me it would run so much faster than before (it was pretty slow lol) Anyway I get the pc back and they tell me they had to also reinstall windows over the old one!! No problems i thought, but since I have had the pc back its even WORSE than before, it takes approx 4 mins to start up,ie takes approx 3 mins to open,folders,files,photos etc take forever to open,and as for a download....forget it lol. I spoke to the shop,who after quite happily taking my money simply said "that shouldnt be happening" drop it in and we will tweak her a bit!! I just dont have the time/patience to drop her off, so im hoping someone here can help?????? I used to have a dual processor,32 bit vista, now in computer prioperties it states "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3500+ 2.20 GHz" as the processor "447MB"n as memory. Can anyone help please? Is there a conflict or something going on, im at my wits end :-( Hope someone can!! Thanks (also posted this in os part of forum, so if a mod wants to delete one feel free)
New to the forum so hope im posting in the right place lol. Anyway the story goes.....My motherboard pretty much broke down,I took it to a computer shop where I was advised to have new motherboard and processor. Them being the experts,i agreed, they told me it would run so much faster than before (it was pretty slow lol) Anyway I get the pc back and they tell me they had to also reinstall windows over the old one!! No problems i thought, but since I have had the pc back its even WORSE than before, it takes approx 4 mins to start up,ie takes approx 3 mins to open,folders,files,photos etc take forever to open,and as for a download....forget it lol. I spoke to the shop,who after quite happily taking my money simply said "that shouldnt be happening" drop it in and we will tweak her a bit!! I just dont have the time/patience to drop her off, so im hoping someone here can help?????? I used to have a dual processor,32 bit vista, now in computer prioperties it states "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3500+ 2.20 GHz" as the processor "447MB"n as memory. Can anyone help please? Is there a conflict or something going on, im at my wits end :-( Hope someone can!! Thanks (also posted this in os part of forum, so if a mod wants to delete one feel free)