Please help urgent!!!

ashterz

Okay so my webcam arrived and it is not branded, and did not come with a software or driver disc as it is just plug and play! I plugged it in and then it worked. After that I started to play around with the focus wheel and the next thing I know it is not working no matter what I do!!!

am running windows 7 and it says on the box Windows Vista SP2. My thoughts are that it was brought out before windows 7 was non existent and it will still work and it 100% was working before!!!!

Here is the place I got it from: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2612183597...84.m1497.l2649

Thanks in advance!!!

AlienMenace

Your link doesn't show anything.
What kind is it, does it have a serial number or model number that you can Google.
Most of the times you go to the company's web site if they have one and download software and drivers for it.
Is your Windows 7 a 32 bit or 64 bit OS. A lot of cameras runs on 32 bit, not many on 64 and that can give an unworkable out of the box.
When I bought my webcam, I made sure it would work with my Windows 8 x64 Pro. The disk that came with it was useless, but I did get the newest driver and software update from the website. But mine is a Logitech HD Webcam C615.

ashterz

My apologies that item has been very recently removed! Anyway this was not branded and did not come with a model number or anything!

Here is a new link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-6...a-with-Microphone-For-Laptop-PC-/261218359754

So as you can see it is difficult to find anything as it states on the box it is driver-less, I am just unable to find any official software! And I know I should of mentioned this earlier, but it stopped working as soon as I was turning the focus wheel and it clicked?

Samuel1941

If you read the description on the EBay page, it calls the camera a "Pluscom Webcam".

If you google "Pluscom Webcam" you will a bunch of info like drivers and YouTube videos.

TFT

VIP Member
You won't need any drivers for it, W7 has all that's needed.
If it hasn't broken try another USB port and Windows will reload the drivers.