PLEASE HELP: Webcam (unknown) driver problem

brent12223

Ok, I bought this webcam (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5217661137&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1)..

It came with a disk, but it doesn't install right (it installs, but still comp doesn't recognize camera)... I've been trying to read up on drivers, but they keep saying stuff about Linux and stuff...

Does anyone know what I can do? (the seller is ignoring me, I'm about to leave bad feedback)... How can I install a Linux driver?

Someone PLEASE help!!

Thanks,

-Brent

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Whats your computer specs, what OS are you running. Are you sure your installing the disk contents correctly

brent12223

I have a compaq presario... XP... I'm positive I'm doing it rihgt, I just realized that A LOT of people are having this same problem with their drivers and such... I think it's an Icatch VI PC camera... not positive, but pretty sure... The dumb software that came with it is on a CD-R!!! It's not even original, and I think it's missing some stuff... Not really sure what tho do, might be screwed... I've downloaded 4 different drivers for it off the net, where I could find them... nothing working so far... Anyone know about this cam?