"Please insert the correct image disk" from trying to restore acer aspire laptop

kevinx

how do i fix this problem? When i mean restore i mean reinstall the whole system and everything.

Now after it recognized the disk, it said "failure for disk 0.. partition 3". Is this because i deleted some of my registries from the ROOT and the other important ones (i know i was stupid for getting it deleted, it was an accident)

Last edited:

kevinx

yes it came with more than 1 disk, but im sure i putted it in the right one. I checked the numbers and it is the appropiate disk. And what u mean by instaling from OS? though im sure thats not hte problem, because this error didn't appear when i first inserted the disk, it happened after a couple of steps.

ShadowKat

OS means operating system, what I meant is did you run the disk in the operating system... What were the steps?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Download a hard drive diag tool first like Seagate Seatools. It sounds like the drive is bad.

TCS

have you tried the alt+f10 on splash screen to boot in to the onboard recovery?? this could normally by pass the disc image issue, if this does not work then i would perform a dst on the harddrive using a tool like seatools.

kevinx

what do you mean on splash screen? And could the problem be related to some missing registries instead of a hard drive problem? Because I did deleted some important ones