Plugged in, Not charging

Deebs

Hello, So my laptop have the problem that says “Plugged in, Not charging” and in order to make my laptop charge, I had to bend charger in a specific way. Today i tried to Bend the charger but it didn’t charge my laptop, So i went and bought new charger (same specs but different wattage it) And i tried to charge my laptop with it, it gave me same problem. So i was wondering if the problem is from the charger or the battery

beers

Staff member
Sounds like your charging jack is loose, a lot of times one of the pins will break off internally so it may power the laptop but won't charge the battery.

They're relatively expensive for a shop to repair since it's a full teardown and resolder for a new jack.

Deebs

Is there any way to know? Or do i have to take it to a shop to know?
Because i cant go outside this days

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's either a bad charging port, bad battery or possible something is wrong with the charging circuit. You will need to take it in and have it looked at.

Deebs

Thank you guys, I have took my laptop to a repair shop, he plugged in a new charger and it started charging

utags

I had same issue when I used Asus X550L. Problem is its charging port (on motherboard side). After replace it everything ok.

Deebs

I had same issue when I used Asus X550L. Problem is its charging port (on motherboard side). After replace it everything ok.
My charging port was replaced 3 months ago, So i dont think its the cause of the issue