Potential Job Opportunity with Network Services within my Company

Renzore101

Today I used infoblox some more to work on another DNS request, and I also used an F5 load balancer to configure a DNS name for some Lotus Notes development server. Pretty straightforward, just a lot of referring to spreadsheets for the required settings in the load balancer. Yesterday one of the managers randomly asked me what a BPDU was, of which I had absolutely no clue.:eek: I was caught like a deer in headlights briefly, I then wiki'd it and committed the basics into short term memory and gave him a swift response 5-10 minutes later.:D

EDIT: It will take some time, but from what I can see I will be using spectrum to SSH/Telnet into cisco equipment, so i'm definitely going to be getting my feet wet with the IOS soon enough.

beers

Staff member
For BPDU at least you showed you look it up later. You'd be surprised how many people just shrug it off and go do whatever else :p

Although how far have you studied into your CCNA? BPDUs are a pretty early thing to learn about ;)

Renzore101

For BPDU at least you showed you look it up later. You'd be surprised how many people just shrug it off and go do whatever else :p

Although how far have you studied into your CCNA? BPDUs are a pretty early thing to learn about ;)

Yeah, I figured at least showing the initiative to look it up and offer a prompt response was better than doing nothing at all! Unfortunately I have not really studied at all into the CCNA yet because of my college classes thus far. At the end of August I am starting 4 CCNA prep classes for my degree that are half semester courses, so in two semesters I will have them completed. According to the program, I will then immediately go to take the CCNA exam while all the info is still fresh in my brain. I was honest and told my supervisors up front on my interview that I had not started this curriculum yet, so they did not expect me to have any level of understanding about CCNA related topics as of yet, but I may grab a CCNA book in the meantime and start skimming through it in my free time. Over this 8 week summer term I am enrolled in pre-calc and english cram session courses however, which do not give me a whole lot of extra time outside of work for additional research.:mad: