I'm looking to build a computer so powerful that I won't have to worry about upgrading it for 2-3 years. Now, I realize this is unlikely to be the case, but I'm generally the kind of person that uses one computer for 4-5 years as it is (my current laptop is the original Gateway Tablet).
I've already picked out the components for one possible build, but this was just an amateurs attempt at picking out decent components that would be flexible for minor upgrades, such as RAM. I'll include the current plan at the bottom of my post.
Essentially, I want to have 4-5 possible builds to choose from, but one so good but fairly priced that I wouldn't care for any other.
Any suggestions for builds, or just components, would be greatly appreciated. The main use of this desktop will be for gaming and high-level programming, so it needs to be flexible between the gaming community and the power-hungry professional programs that make Photoshop look small (I do a lot of professional video editing and software design).
Anyways, here is the first build I've come up with, please C&C or make your own suggestions to improve upon it. The only requirements I really have is that it must be water-cooled and I want to keep the case as clean and simple as possible (I'm not a big fan of the mainsteam windows and neon glow lights, I need to sleep while it still works. ^^').
Edit:
I must apologize, I honestly didn't read the announcements before I posted this (I got over excited that I had found a computer community that wasn't blocked on my network. ^^'). The overall price I can put into this is roughly 7500$, so I have a fair bit of play in what components I can get. That doesn't mean I want the most expensive parts, just good and powerful ones.
Thanks for just reading! ^^
I've already picked out the components for one possible build, but this was just an amateurs attempt at picking out decent components that would be flexible for minor upgrades, such as RAM. I'll include the current plan at the bottom of my post.
Essentially, I want to have 4-5 possible builds to choose from, but one so good but fairly priced that I wouldn't care for any other.
Any suggestions for builds, or just components, would be greatly appreciated. The main use of this desktop will be for gaming and high-level programming, so it needs to be flexible between the gaming community and the power-hungry professional programs that make Photoshop look small (I do a lot of professional video editing and software design).
Anyways, here is the first build I've come up with, please C&C or make your own suggestions to improve upon it. The only requirements I really have is that it must be water-cooled and I want to keep the case as clean and simple as possible (I'm not a big fan of the mainsteam windows and neon glow lights, I need to sleep while it still works. ^^').
Code:
COMPONENT TYPE QUANTITY TOTAL PRICE COMPANY COMPONENT
CPU 1 $969.99 Newegg Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield 3.33GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard 1 $299.99 Newegg ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
HDD 2 $769.98 Amazon Corsair 128 GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CMFSSD-128GBG2D
Optical Drive 1 $218.99 PacificGeek LG BH08LS20 Blu-ray 8x Burner & 16x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive w/LightScribe (Black)
RAM 1 $339.99 Newegg CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX3X12G1600C9 G
Graphics 1 $639.99 Newegg ASUS EAH5970/G/2DIS/2GD5 Radeon HD 5970 2GB 512 (256 x 2)-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Dual GPU Onboard CrossFire Video Card w/ Eyefinity
Audio 1 $0.00 Integrated Realtek ALC889 8 Channels
PSU 1 $109.99 Newegg CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
Case 1 $89.99 Newegg Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Monitor 1 $399.95 Newegg LG W2753V-PF Black 27" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Full HD 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 50000:1 w/ Smart Package
Mouse 1 $49.99 RazorZone Razer Diamondback 3G
Keyboard 1 $79.99 Newegg RAZER Lycosa Black 104 Normal Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard
Speakers 1 $139.99 Newegg Creative GigaWorks T20W Series II 28 Watts RMS 2.0 Speaker
RAID Controller 1 $349.00 PC PitStop 3ware 9650SE-4LPML SATA-II RAID Controller
OS 1 $291.99 Newegg Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
OVERALL PRICE: $4,749.82
Edit:
I must apologize, I honestly didn't read the announcements before I posted this (I got over excited that I had found a computer community that wasn't blocked on my network. ^^'). The overall price I can put into this is roughly 7500$, so I have a fair bit of play in what components I can get. That doesn't mean I want the most expensive parts, just good and powerful ones.
Thanks for just reading! ^^
Last edited: