praetor, im back, i consider your opinium lol, my new sys specs, what do you think???

prodigio2k

PIONEER DVD RW /DUAL LAYER

SANGSUM DVD/CDRW

MAXTOR 120gig IDE 133 /8MB BUFFER

OCZ EL PLATINIUM REV.2 PC 3200 / 2(512)

K8N NEO PLATINUM NFORCE3 ULTRA / AMD 939

AMD ATHLON 64 3500 2.2 / 939

XFX NVIDIA GFORCE 6600GT 128MB 128BIT :confused:

LOL what do you think, a lil similar to yours. is that 3d card worth it's $245... the mobo has nice specs too. if i save from here to january i could afford it. the rest looks good from my point of view,, just give me the GO,lol,, thanks man, i have been learning a lot about mobos and cdpus, 3dcards, in this forum, :) :) :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
praetor, im back, I consider your opinium lol, my new sys specs, what do you think???
I vaguely recall helping you ... what was the thread? :p

SANGSUM DVD/CDRW
Grab a LiteOn combo drive, something like this model http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-932&depa=1 .. they perform exceptionally well

OCZ EL PLATINIUM REV.2 PC 3200 / 2(512)
Might consider dropping this down a bit in order to spend the money elsewhere. Your call

K8N NEO PLATINUM NFORCE3 ULTRA / AMD 939
I assume you mean this one: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-468&depa=1 (because you left out the "2")

XFX NVIDIA GFORCE 6600GT 128MB 128BIT
Make absolutely sure you are getting a AGP card because that mobo doesnt have PCIx16 (like this one: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-080&depa=1) ... theres also this card for slightly more http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-170-056&depa=1 .... ive not been able to render an opinion between the two yet but gimme a few days/weeks

prodigio2k

this was teh post i did two days ago, you helped me a lot, its still in the number 3 position in "desktop computers" ..... "Building monster computer(to me) for $855. just need your though ,befor i buy it"""""" yes that was me...lol-----------------------------------------remember yesterday,lol, you have a bad memory. anyways, yes thats the mobo i was talking about and thats the 3d card that i was talking about, although the other one you show me looks tempting. thanks man just wanted to reasuare, so i can give have of the list to my girlfriend to buy for xmas and birth day.lol. umm anything on your mind, post it. what kind of case do you own, and do you have a flat monitors(the ones that look like laptop monitors)?? name of some 250-300 average good one for games such as halo2 half life UT.thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
you have a bad memory
LOL you try remembering everybody after managing several kazillion posts, school and other crap! heehee

what kind of case do you own
Chenming 602 although if I were to choose again I might have gotten the Chenming 601 ... itd be an even toss up for me. Another case id consider is the Aspire X-Navigator.

xoxide_1815_611211

xoxide_1816_357939

X-Navigator
11-144-088-11.JPG

and do you have a flat monitors(the ones that look like laptop monitors)??
God no. I hate them things :p

prodigio2k

LOL.. OMG, tears in eyes. HOw come you hate them, i tough most tech guys luv those, since they are suposely( i really dont know) better in dysplaying colors and graphic to the human eye. they are kinda of pricy though,

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
HOw come you hate them, I tough most tech guys luv those, since they are suposely( I really dont know) better in dysplaying colors and graphic to the human eye.
1. Too expensive. I'm a student operating on a student budget
2. Crapola for dot pitch
3. Color isnt spectacular either for gaming or for digital photography
4. GHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooosting :p
5. They look fragile :p

prodigio2k

tahts cool, tiger direct used to be the shit before new egg. the computer seems fines and the mobo is known, i think praetor uses that one, i might look into it..thanks 4k3w

4W4K3

VIP Member
prodigio2k said:
tahts cool, tiger direct used to be the shit before new egg. the computer seems fines and the mobo is known, i think praetor uses that one, i might look into it..thanks 4k3w

no problem...someone else recommended that to a friend on another forum i go to. thought it looked like a pretty good deal after rebates.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
did you play half life already im dying to buy this system in order to play it
If you ever get to know me, I hate everything and anything even remotely related to halflife :p

BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS OF THAT BAREBONES SYSTEM. The mobo/cpu theyve got spec'd is inconsistent with real specs.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS OF THAT BAREBONES SYSTEM. The mobo/cpu theyve got spec'd is inconsistent with real specs.

yah just read that someone got that and they sent him a 250watter stead of the said 350. he contacted them and they said take it up with soyo (people who they get it from i guess). that kinda sux.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well that too and the fact that they are claming that the A8V Deluxe uses the K8T800 chipset running a 1600MHz HTT but it really uses the K8T800Pro and has a 2000MHZ HTT. That and the fact that they state 754/939 too many times.

ZER0X

VIP Member
LOL.. OMG, tears in eyes. HOw come you hate them, i tough most tech guys luv those, since they are suposely( i really dont know) better in dysplaying colors and graphic to the human eye. they are kinda of pricy though,

Staring at A LCD screen for too long hurts my eyes expecially when the lights off and it's quite sharp for your eyes....I like my Monitor HP Pavilion m703