Printer Problem; Need Help Please.

JohnGo

6 month old Puget Systems desk top computer Custom build, win 7.

Hello, below is a detailed description of my printer problem. I posted this 6 days ago on another forum and have received no replies. If it is improper to post here under the circumstances, please advise and I will take corrective action. Thanks.

I have been using an HP deskjet f4135 for 6 months without any problem. Today I tried to print a word document and the printer did nothing. I tried again and then there were 2 documents in queue. Only the last one would delete and the first print job remained. In services.msc I stopped print spooler so that I could go through the system 32 folder and delete the remaining print job. I restarted the computer and the printer but it still would not work.

I went to device manager and uninstalled, restarted and let it reinstall. I replaced the printer cable. The computer can send a signal to the printer to do a scan but all it will do is save the scan to file; again it won't print.

I disconnected the printer and took it to another computer that had the software already installed and the printer printed fine.

I really would appreciate some help to solve this problem

Thanks, JohnGo
Follow up note: At this point I would ask if it would help if I went into C\:Windows and deleted the driver and reinstalled it after cleaning the registry?