Printer Problems anyone????

Mikelb

hm... I have a client that has a HP OfficeJet 7140xi All-in-One printer, this printer works fine, except the fact that it will not print color on transparencies... it will print black on the transparencies, but not color, and will print hte same exact document (in color) on plain white paper, I have checked HP's site for help, made sure of all the settings, and done everything I know... anyone got suggestions???

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
What happens when you set plain paper in the printer options, and in fact you put a transparency in the printer's tray?

Mikelb

that I did... but same thing... it wouldn't print colors on the transparency... but a day or two ago... she copied a transparency... and it came out full color.... thx though..

Mikelb

Another printer question

I have been working on printers here at the plant... and noticed, a lot of HP Deskjet 900s (950s, 970s, etc) have began developing a problem... they begin to leak profusely and do not stop.... you can clean the printer and change cartridges and about a month later they will start again.... it's terrible, the only solution they've given me here is to throw them away and buy new ones.... not my money, but wasting an enormous amount... of money, supplies, and downtime.... anyone got any ideas as to why they leak, and what to do.... b/c I know that iinkjets if you aren't going to use them to cut them off to cap the cartridge, but even with this as a suggestion, these problems have still arised.... Thanx

da_ezman

Are you using refilled cartridges? If so, the problem could be there. If you're using original cartridges, if something is pressing against the print heads, it may cause it to leak. HP Deskjets have a sponge in the resting position used for cleaning. It may be touching the print head when it shouldn't be causing the leak.
Take a look at that.

:cool:

Mikelb

no we're using original cartridges... but I'm not sure about something touching the print heads... I will look into this.... after an in-depth discussion, we only came to the conclusion that it may be the result of overspray.... ok, hm... looking into my HP... I can see the sponge-like object... (mine doesn't leak)... which seems to be covered with ink... hm... I shall bring up this point in the next discussion...

Mikelb

Another Problem...

Well, I got another problem for you.... This same printer... is it compatible with AS400's and if so, how could I set it up to print from a AS400....