Printing blank lines?

raoul_1101

Hell all,
I just got a new hp f4200 inkjet printer (cheap, I know). After setting everything up, the printer prints blank horizontal lines across the paper. I tried running the align print heads and the clean print cartridges utilities in the hp software, but neither cleared up the problem. Any ideas?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
An all-in-one, right? Because I have an F4280 printer-scanner and I'm quite pleased with it. Far from cheap too, compared to the $30 Epson All-in-One I got then returned prior to this one :p

Anyway, are the lines through everything you print? All documents, using different programs, even using the built in scanner function (assuming it is an all-in-one)

raoul_1101

Yeah, the all in one. So far, I've only seen the blank lines on black printouts, I have yet to try color. In fact, I haven't printed anything but the Windows and HP test pages. The place i bought it just gave me a new black cartridge though, so I'll try that too.

raoul_1101

An all-in-one, right? Because I have an F4280 printer-scanner and I'm quite pleased with it. Far from cheap too, compared to the $30 Epson All-in-One I got then returned prior to this one :p

Anyway, are the lines through everything you print? All documents, using different programs, even using the built in scanner function (assuming it is an all-in-one)

Yeah, it is the f4280. I assumed it was cheap, I got it for $30 new.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Awesome... So I guess it was used? :p

Well enjoy your printer. They aren't very fugal with ink but are pretty nice otherwise.

Good Thread....

Nice problem that have been solved by replacing your cartridge i think..please tell me ....bcoz i m also facing the same prob....