Problem accessing some websites

Ironside

So here is my dilemma. A very strange thing happened today and it seemed to occur directly after my sister connected her Sony smart phone to my BT Internet wireless hub.

If I go to certain websites and try and open them, I get redirected to what looks like the IP address of my hub. I'm not entirely sure. On the screen is a box which appears to be a BT products. It says "welcome to BT get online with smart setup" there are various stages going from one up to 3. There is a button saying get started which one clicked on goes to another screen with the title "download your free broadband help talk" very suspicious and am certainly not going to download anything. I just don't understand why I can access quite a number of websites like Google, Facebook, the lottery, gumtree and this website. Any help would be appreciated..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping to see the ip address in the address bar as well. Just connecting a phone to the wireless shouldn't affect it in any way.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that permobill is motorized carts for the handicapped. Was that what you were searching for? I would call your provider and ask their opinion. Might have to reset modem.

Ironside

That was just a website I was trying to access, it does the same with most websites. I don't know why I can access this website, along with the lottery website and gumtree.

Whatever the smart check setup is I've got to disable it. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the problem seemed to happen straight after my sister entered the password and started using my network on her new so the smart phone.