Problem - Sound drags and Make PC Lags

Psyrical

Can you guys help me figure out the problem on PC newly built PC please, it scares me a lot. My components if it matters:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX blu 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
Case: Cooler Master HAF912
Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Hard Drive: 360GB Seagate ATA Device (SATA) @ 5400 RPM
Monitor: Asus VE198/208 LED Monitor
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Graphics: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Optical Drive: DVD-RW ATA Device
Power: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 700W

Sometimes when playing music and just browsing, the sound would drag and cause the PC to lag for a quick moment. You can literally hear the sound drag for a quick second and also while moving the mouse, you can see the mouse cursor lags (jumping from one place to another). When I encounter this problem while browsing the internet, I struggle to load web pages. If I'm playing an online game and I get this problem, my ping would go up really high and I would lag. I am using a wireless network card on my desktop by the way, I don't get good internet connection at all. I am far away from the router and there's like 4 other computers in the house using internet as well as phones, etc. I get good temps by the way, so my system isn't over heating.

Here is a video that shows the problem, you can hear the sound, but I forgot to record the mouse movement to show that it also affects browsing and not just the sound. I also get this problem with headphones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axv_U3-eEKY

Note: This doesn't happen too often, but I notice it at least once a day.

I am sorry if this is not the right board or forums, but please if you can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers in Safe Mode first, and then try moving your computer closer to your router or your router closer to your computer if possible.