problem with ATI Tv video card

Txtech

Hi. I have a ATI All in Wonder Tv card. Before I hooked my cable connection to the video card and watched tv on my PC. I recently got cable again and when I was seting up the software with cable the software said it was not finding any channels. Doesnt make sense to me since it worked in the past. Anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate it

thanks,
eric

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
In ATI TV application press setup, go to TV-Tuner tab, select the proper Cable Standard and then press Autoscan.

Txtech

that step is where i get the problem

After I run autoscan(with cable option selected) it scans for the channels and it says not available on every channel. Doesnt make sense cause I know I have cable, it works on the tv but Autoscan does not find the channels although it has in the past. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere or something else im doing wrong?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Have you selected the Cable Standard? If it's set to another standard the tuner won't find any channel.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
But what broadcasting standard has that cable? The tuner won't find any channels if it's set to another standard. Most AIW cards are multi-standard, but there's no automatic switching, so you must set it at ATI TV setup.