Problem with front lights.

The Astroman

My car rocketed against a tree and the front lights broke.. What can I do?? Nah, just joking... The front LED's on my Tsunami case are not working, making it not as nice as it's supposed to... Can you help me?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The front LED's on my Tsunami case are not working, making it not as nice as it's supposed to... Can you help me?
You;re gonna have to quantify and qualify "not as nice"

4W4K3

VIP Member
Plugged them in right? lol.

If they have been working before and they just one day turned off....they probably died. Flickering usually means they are about to die. Also have ou installed any new hardware in your computer lately? It might be eating up the power from your PSU and the lights may not have enough power to activate.

couple ideas to investigate...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, you'll definitely need to plug them in! :D If that doesnt work, maybe the LEDs aree burned out? (not common but it does happen)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
I would suggest...

I had the same problem only to find that the cables were marked incorrectly leading me to connect the + and - wires of the LEDs to their opposites. I got pissed off at them not working and switched them. Guess what happened. They work now! And yeah one more thing...connect them up :)). Your motherboard manual should have this info in there.

JAN :D

Super_Nova

Yeah make sure they aren't plugged in backwards. LED's are diodes and diodes only allow current to flow in one direction. They aren't like light bulbs, they can't be hooked up backwards and work.

The Astroman

The LEDs connect to one black cable which then, once inside the case, becomes this:

And end up in a male molex connector.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Um .. the Tsunami leds are built into the case ... howd they come off (i.e., RMA/return so you dont have to deal with it)

Blade

i couldnt get mine to work either but after actually looking in the cased its actually quite easy. Just find the molex you drew up above and then connect it straight to the power supply, with the opposite connector, works like a charm

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Try another source cable
2. The lights/case is fckt. Its not horribly uncommon (unfortunately) ... if you know your way around soldering and LEDs and stuff you can try replacing them ...