Problem with Motherboard ?

Sasuchi

Well...

I got a Geforce FX5900XT, Intel Pentium 1,5Ghz and 512 ram
Some friends of mine got the almost the same just 0.1ghz more but in some games my pc is lagging really hard compared to those of my friends

I talked with my Father and my friends, both said that the other would talk something wrong

My Friends says, that my Motherboard is the problem, the agp slots have a trasmitting speed of 4x and my geforce can use max 8x transmitting speed, because he has the same geforce.

But my father says, there is no different agp speed between the motherboards... and he says that he doesnt know whats the problem...

So i normally trust my father more, but this time he has no problem managed so i trust my friend a bit >_> so who's right ? or what else could be the problem ? (if somebody answers, it would be nice when he explains it)

ZER0X

VIP Member
well having A better transmitting speed does matter....AGP4X266MHz is only capable of transferring data at a maximum bandwidth of 1.06GB/s. AGP8X533MHz, the clock frequency is increased which means that it will transfer at about 2.1GB/s. This increase in bandwidth to improve the overall performance of the graphics subsystem.

And it really depends on what game your playing aswell :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well it would certainly help to know:
1. WHAT the mobos are? :p
2. WHAT the processors are? (Willemette, Northwood)