Problem with public WiFi

EINREB

I have 2 laptops, one running 7, the other 10, and I have problems connecting to the WiFi in public places like hotels, stores, hospitals, etc. My devices just do not want to connect, I get a "This page can not be displaced" when I engage my browser, and the reason is "You are not connected to the Internet", although my wireless icon indicates that I am in a strong signal area and am connected. As I start using the computer "as is" and fool around with files in the computer, I sometimes get lucky and it suddenly connects, and I know that it does because I get the login page of the local system. But most likely I am out of luck and have to do without the Internet for the time. Does anybody have the same problem and if so, what can be done about it? It must be a setting problem which prevents the laptops to connect correctly. (This problem does not exist with Android or Apple OS systems, for devices using either of those connect immediately without any problems.)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It could be wireless signal for the laptop. Have you tried like right next to an access point? I wouldn't be able to get good enough wireless signal on my laptop unless I was out in the lobby. Try updating the wireless driver.

DMGrier

VIP Member
+1 to John...

My sons laptop was having this problem and even with a wireless driver update it was a no go. I bought him a cheap TP Link USB wireless card and dear god it makes all the difference.