Problem with Video Card!

Fire

Ok i just finished putting together my PC and i have a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT Ultimate in it and when i connect monitor and start it up all i get is check connection like its not even connected! My brother left and i dunno if i connect hard drive right could this be the problem?

P.S. its a AGP 8X

Matt

4W4K3

VIP Member
Fire said:
I forgot to plug the ATX 12V Could that have been it?

Could be it. Does the card require its own molex connection? and are you sure you turned on the PSU?

Fire

yes PSU is on and all you do it pop it into the AGP slot so i guess that was it? :confused: I havent retested

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
As long as you have the ATX power connector plugged into your motherboard you should be fine.

Check all your connections again and make sure everything is plugged in where it's supposed to be and that all necessary jumpers are set.

4W4K3

VIP Member
I'm thinking the card needs its own power source from the PSU. look at the card...is there anywhere you could plug a molex connector into? The computer spins up and all when you hit the power button right?

Fire

well i think that card rather all the PCI slots get power thru the connector i missed! there are 2 power connectors on the whole motherboard!

the card has no connectors on it or that came with it! and i am using a Asus K8V SE Deluxe incase you are familiar with it

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
well what one did you not plug in? 20-Pin or 4-Pin? and why not plug it in? ;-)

Fire

4 pin i forgot =) so do you think the video card just want starting up? cuase i wanna confirm if it was b4 i disconnect monitor and stuff and try again! if you had 2 choose yes or no what would oyu pick?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ya most likely.. Just plug it in and give it a try.. make sure to have PSU unplugged and switched off first!