problems: firewire card

timmy258

hey all, im pretty computer illiterate, and i was hoping you could help me. i bought this:
http://secure.stratitec.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_119&products_id=1129
and installed it and everything, but when i plugged the comp back in and turned it on nothing heppened. the comp turns on, and everything works, but nothing came up for my new hardware. i dont know what to do? where do i go from here? im running windows XP (should get lynux, but im lazy) thanks in advance.

P.S. if this is in the wrong place, could a mod move it, or someone let me know so i can post it in the correct place? thnx

timmy258

Johnnyboy0056 said:
have u tried using it? it prob is installed and ready to work...much like usb cards for pci slots.
timmy258 said:
hey all, im pretty computer illiterate, and i was hoping you could help me.

could you tell me how to access it? how do i get to it to use it? its embarrising how dumb i am when it comes to computers lol!

Johnnyboy0056

dont worry about it....its cool. :) all u gotta do is plug something into it. what are u using it for? Most of the time, something like that card wont give u an installation wizard or anything. plug whatever u are using it for into it. it should work fine.

timmy258

no, i tried that. it doesnt work. i even tried turning the camera on but nothing. im using it for a JVC camcorder.

timmy258

i alsotried to manually install it by using "add hardware" in the control panel. it says its already installed, so maybe i just cant find it?

Johnnyboy0056

no....most likely not. anything directly into the pci slot is self install. should have been automatically configured. maybe try another pci slot? (the slot u connected the firewire card to.)

timmy258

ya, i might to that tonight. it was really dusty inside there. i blew it out as best i could with my mouth, but maybe it wasnt good enough. im going to clean it with alchahol.